Change management refers to actions a business takes to change or adjust a significant component of its organization. This may include company culture, internal processes, underlying technology or infrastructure, corporate hierarchy, or another critical aspect.
Dumex Consulting’s change management system service will center broadly on:
- What is a change?
- What is a change management?
- Why is change management important
- Why is a change management system necessary?
- Applications and phases of change management systems in organizations
- Resistance to organizational change (causes, effects, positive and negative etc) and how it can be handled and minimized in the system
- Transformational change and change management process.
Change management is the discipline that guides how we prepare, equip, and support individuals to successfully adopt a change to drive organizational success and outcomes. There are two major kinds of organizational change: change imposed by circumstances and change that is planned and adapted to encourage growth or improvement.
Characteristics of change in modern times:
- Change is a process, not an event.
- Change is normal and permanent.
- The speed of change is increasing.
- Change is natural if it is a result of internal development, and it is adopted if it takes place as a result of external conditions and pressure.
- Change can be an order if it is carried out by the top management, or a participant if the people concerned are involved in its carrying out.
- Change can be incremental or sudden.
- The effect of change is not precisely predictable.
- Change is unsystematic, and planned changes often need adjustments.
- There is a relationship between the change and the organizational environment and culture.
What does change mean in general? We can see that every institution is part of an environment that is subject to both incremental and discontinuous change:
- Political – increased control from central government
- Sociological – the information age
- Educational – the mass HE system
- Technological – networking, computing, and telecommunications
- Organizational – new structures
- Economic – increased demand for value for money
- Cultural – changed norms and values
Change management is the process of identifying the need for change, deciding on what change is required, evaluating the implications of change, developing and implementing change programs, overcoming resistance to change, seeing that change takes place smoothly, and ensuring that the change is embedded and effective.
Other meanings of change management
Change management is also regarded as the conception, planning, organization, implementation, control, and stabilization of the change process of a company, with the aim of maximizing the effectiveness and efficiency of the change process and reaching the widest possible acceptance of managers and employees.
What we change means to somebody in a business:
- New ways of doing work
- New system or tools
- New reporting structures
- New job roles
- New products or services
- New markets or geographic locations.
What is the benefit of Dumex Consulting’s change management to the client?
- Helps to plan efficient communication strategies during the change process.
- Managed change can minimize resistance to change.
- Improves morale, productivity, and the quality of work.
- Improves cooperation, collaboration, and communication—strategies to reduce resistance.
- The time needed to implement change is reduced.
- Helps in the alignment of the resources of the organization during the change process.
- The possibility of an unsuccessful change is reduced.
- Employee performance increases when staff feel supported and understand the change process.
- The diverse costs of managing change are reduced
- Facilitates better communications and awareness within the organization during the change process.
Why You Should Attend
- Is your organization impacted by changes in marketplace competition?
- Do you or your organization plan on acquiring or merging with another company?
- Are you undertaking a major system implementation?
- Are you executing strategic plans within or outside your company?
- Do you consult and need to be ahead of the trends and technologies in change management?
- Has your business been challenged by recently implemented changes?
- Do you lead projects in your organization that could have people working differently?
Who should attend?
- Change managers or change practitioners, employees, workers etc
- Project managers responsible for building change management plans
- Chief Executive Officer, CEO, senior directors, middle managers
- Company leaders: lower-level, middle-level, or senior-level
Feel free to contact us if you would like to know more about training, e-books, papaerbacks consulting, pricing, and availability. You can contact us through our contact addresses.